The newly released Samsung Galaxy S5 is a really high performance smartphone. It takes 2.5GHz Quad core CPU, 5.1 inch FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) screen, 2GB RAM + 16GB/32GB ROM, 16.0MP rear camera, and more.
There is no doubt it is an ideal portable device for watching movies, music videos, TV episodes, online videos, etc. Yet, if you were using iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and just made the switch to Galaxy S5, you may wonder whether the iTunes movies and TV shows can be played on this Android device.
Actually, since iOS and Android are two totally different and competing mobile operating systems, there’s no way to simply transfer videos from iTunes or an iOS device to Android device for direct playing. So does this mean you cannot watch iTunes videos on Samsung Galaxy S5 at all?
The answer is No. In order to watch iTunes movies and TV shows on Galaxy S5, you may turn to a third-party program for help. Since iTunes videos are invovled with Apple FairPlay copy protection, this kind of program is often referred to as DRM removal software. A suitable iTunes DRM removal software is able to remove DRM from iTunes videos and get them converted (from M4V) to plain MP4 format. Then you will get the output DRM free video files and enjoy them without any restriction. And to play them on Samsung Galaxy S5, the last step is to transfer the DRM-removed video files to the device.
How to Convert iTunes Video to MP4 (Windows)
Also check the video formats supported by Samsung Galaxy S5
- Video Codec: H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, MP43, WMV7, WMV8, VP8
- Video Format: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
Basically, there are two different ways to transfer videos from computer to Samsung Galaxy S5
Transfer video to Galaxy S5 from computer using USB cable
- Connect Galaxy S5 to computer using the provided USB cable
- On Galaxy S5, a USB icon will appear in the top Notification bar. Drag the notification bar downwards and then tap on the Connected as a media device.
- On the USB PC connection screen, ensure the Media device (MTP) checkbox is ticked. Now, you’re ready to transfer files between your PC and phone.
- Open up your PC Windows Explorer, and you should see your Galaxy S5 show up as a removable disk.
- Access the phone storage via Windows Explorer. Here, you should see the Video folder.
- Simply drag the video files from your computer to Video folder. On your Galaxy S5, the video player will automatically recognize the files.
- Alternatively, you can create a new folder in your phone storage or external memory card to store these files. The Galaxy S5 will scan storage and list them accordingly on the music and video players automatically.
Transfer video files to Galaxy S5 from computer using Samsung Kie
- Install Samsung Kies and then launch the software on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to your PC using the USB cable.
- Click Videos below a device name under Connected devices.
- Click the + sign at the top right of the Kies screen. If your phone has external SDcard, then you should see the Internal and external memory options.
- Next, through the Windows Open dialog, select the video files that you would like to add.