The Samsung Galaxy S4 is running Android 4.2.2 (Jelly bean). It is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy S III. It has software features such as Air Gesture, Smart Stay, and Smart Scroll, a 13-megapixel back camera, and a 5inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display (441 ppi).
If you just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S4, most probably you are looking for a way to transfer everything from your old iPhone to your new S4. However, there is not a single tool to help you make the switching over, since iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S4 are based on two entirely different operating systems, that is, iOS and Android respectively.
Anyway, it is easy to move contacts, music, photos, etc. from iPhone to Galaxy S4. You can make a simple Google search for the solution. Yet, if you want to transfer movies previously purchased from iTunes Store to your S4, you may fall into trouble as Apple uses DRM to encode the iTunes movies and TV shows. The DRM restricts the playback of iTunes videos beyond Apple environment. That’s to say, you can only play iTunes videos on Apple devices like iPod, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, etc., with your own Apple ID and on 5 devices only.
So is there a way out? What you only need to do is get a DRM removal tool to help you remove DRM from iTunes video and convert iTunes video from M4V to MP4. The output MP4 video can be copied to Samsung Galaxy S4 for playing without any limitation.
How to remove DRM from iTunes video and convert iTunes video to MP4?
If you are using Windows OS, please refer to: How to Convert iTunes M4V to MP4
If you are using Mac OS X, please refer to: How to remove DRM from iTunes movies on Mac
How to transfer output MP4 video to Samsung Galaxy S4?
- On the device, select Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities, and choose the Connect storage to PC option.
- Connect the Galaxy S4 to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
- On the screen of the device, select the Connect USB storage option.
- A removable disk will mount to your computer. You will see it listed under Computer if you’re a Windows user, or on the Desktop if you’re a Mac user.
- Drag and drop video files over to the removable disk. You may create a folder within the removable disk first for saving the video files.
Samsung Galaxy S4 supported video
- Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark, HEVC
- Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
Samsung Galaxy S4 supported audio
- Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X