The songs you purchased through iTunes Store cannot be directly transferred to Android devices for playing.
If you switched to an Android phone or tablet and now you want to move songs previously purchased from iTunes onto the device, you may end in failure. The reason is that iOS and Android are two different mobile operating systems and use different media encoders. Generally, iOS users will download music from iTunes Store, while Android users from Google Play. To put iTunes songs onto an Android device, you need to remove iTunes DRM and convert them into Android compatible audio files. To get it done, you will turn to DRM removal software for help.
In this post, I’d like to share two DRM removal tools (Windows and Mac) to help you get iTunes music transferred to Android phone or tablet.
Convert iTunes Music to MP3 for Android on Windows
If you are using Windows OS, the best tool for you is DRM Music Converter from Aimersoft. Using DRM Music Converter, you will be able to remove DRM from iTunes music and convert iTunes music to MP3 with ease. Besides, it can be used to remove DRM from iTunes video and convert iTunes video to MP3 as well.
It has a very intuitive and wizard interface. To convert iTunes music to MP3, you just import or drag & drop files from computer, select output format and output path and then hit the Start button to convert on the fly.
Convert iTunes Music to MP3 for Android on Mac
For Mac users, the M4P Converter for Mac from Tune4mac is an excellent tool for converting iTunes music to play on Android devices. It is also very easy to use.
1. Download and install M4P Converter onto your Mac.
2. Go to menu Tune4mac -> Preferences to set Output Folder, Output Format and Encoding Quality for converted files.
3. Open iTunes and create a new playlist in iTunes.
4. Add songs to the playlist.
5. Right click the playlist and choose Burn Playlist to Disc.
6. In the Burn Settings window, select Tune4Mac Virtual CD-RW as CD Burner and choose Audio CD as Disc Format. If you want preserve track info like artist, album name, track number, you need to tick Include CD Text as well.
7. Start to burn and encode.
8. When burning is finished, all converted music files will be listed in the main panel of M4P Converter. You can press the Reveal button to locate the output files.
Transfer Music to Android Phone or Tablet
When you get the output music files, you will then be able to transfer them onto your Android phone or tablet.
- On the Android device, select Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities, and choose the Connect storage to PC option.
- Connect the Android device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
- On the screen of the device, select the Connect USB storage option.
- A removable disk will mount to your computer. You will see it listed under Computer if you’re a Windows user, or on the Desktop if you’re a Mac user.
- Drag and drop music files over to the removable disk. You may create a folder within the removable disk first for saving the music files.